I know this will sound like an ad, but please don’t take it that way. I love Amazon’s selection of MP3 downloads – they’re DRM-free and uniformly cheaper than iTunes. And the company has a download app that integrates nicely with iTunes (unlike the eternally-borken Emusic manager).
I was surprised this morning with an email from Amazon touting “five albums for $5” on the MP3 store. Turns out, it’s five albums (today only) for $5 each. And it’s a great set, too – I already own and love two of them, bought a third, and suspect most folks already have the fourth:
- R.E.M.’s new album, Accelerate is just great – short, snappy, easy to get into
- Radiohead’s In Rainbows is an album I’ve written about before…
- I’d been enjoying songs from She & Him lately, including their appearance in Paste magazine, so decided to pick up Volume One for five bucks.
- Does anyone not know Hotel California?
- Finally there’s Dreaming Out Loud from OneRepublic, which I’m not familiar with.
Also, if you like the Black Keys, you can get their new Attack & Release for $2.99…
Like I said, I’m not trying to advertize this. I’m just happy to see some great music offered legally and without DRM for low bucks.
Leave a Reply