This regular series features highlights from the week. The big news for me was Wednesday’s announcement of Tech Field Day 5 in February, though others might have been paying attention to Dell’s acquisition of Compellent.
- My writing
- I continued my series on Light Peak by musing about combining Light Peak and USB 3.0 and pondering, what if Light Peak was electrical rather than optical?
- SolarWinds’ presentations at Networking Field Day and Tech Field Day 4 prompted me to look into Application Performance Monitoring
- I also pointed out a great deal on the Cradlepoint PHS300 Portable 3G WiFi Router
- Then there was my thoughts on the Dell acquisition of Compellent
- Enterprise IT news
- Jennifer Huber talks about personal Wi-Fi hotspot devices vs. enterprise-deployed guest networks
- Other geeky finds
- The Gawker breach hit me and many others. Read more in Discussing Gawker’s Breach With Founder Nick Denton.